[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Bloody cookies...

Mike Bremford wrote:

>      Stopping your browser from accepting cookies is now only part of the
>      problem. The real issue is how to stop your mailer from accepting
>      mesasages *about* cookies... ;-)
>
>      Cheers... Mike

Ditto!  Seriously, (and this is an honest question, not a flame!) without the heated
debate regarding the devious cookie, would this list be about discussion of web
server security issues?  That's what I was thinking when I joined...

In other words, from all of this discussion, the impression I am getting is that
cookies are possibly an invasion of privacy (although that's almost an oxymoron these
days), certainly easily misused for purposes of greed and not likely to go away.  But
I am not sure how they represent a security issue.

Could we possibly direct this thread in the direction of how cookies are a threat to
corporate data?  What is a system administrator worried about as pertains cookies?  I
have my users running a networked copy of Netscape with cookies.txt attributed
read-only.  What else?

Thanks!
--
John C. Pavao -- System Administrator
EDS Rhode Island Title XIX      Phone:      (401) 784-3859

Follow-Ups: References: